Monday, May 30, 2011

Colby's Send Off Party

Hey Joe, Good Morning My Wonderful Brother

Been meaning to write you this note for many days now, but for once in my life I haven't been able to find the words to express my feelings. Still can't.

The night at Jake's, Feb 18 to be exact was so overwhelming. I felt as if for the first time my mixed up feelings about Colby's decision were being qualified and shared by a whole group of people that I had never met before yet we all became one heart.

Sometimes I still have some trouble grasping my feelings that go between pride and loss and fear and love. But that moment in time at Jake's pulls me together every time. And I know the memory of that evening will continue always to give me strength and peace through you and all the angels of our soldiers that I was honored to cross paths with.

I love you so much Joe and all the angels you walk with and brought with you for Colby and me. Colby, your nephew of few words, as you know, was more overwhelmed than I have ever seen him. He was bursting with a rare emotion that will carry him through his days in harms way.

Love forever and always,
Janet